Certification and admission to the Leadership Academy network is conducted in three stages:
1. Eligibility Check
To be eligible for the Leadership Academy, applicants have to fulfil certain criteria. They must:
- attend all LEA events (reasonable exceptions must be cleared with the management team),
- accept responsibility for their own learning process,
- present their development issues at the collegial team coaching sessions,
- take on leadership of a participative development project at their home institution,
- be continually active as coach in the learning partnership with a colleague,
- participate in regional network meetings between obligatory events,
- participate in the research project which accompanies the course (micro articles, photo evaluation, LKS).
- produce written project documentation and present the project at the final forum.
2. Project Documentation and Presentation
Project presentation takes place at various fora, project documentation consists of the following five elements:
- project story
- project analysis
- process documentation
- lessons learnt
3. Collegial Colloquium
The collegial colloquium focuses on issues from the following three areas:
- development of the leadership role
- effects on the target system
- added value of leadership
Eligibility, preconditions and achievements are monitored in a process of collegial evaluation which leads to a recommendation for membership of the Academy. The final decision on membership of the Academy lies with the Academy directors.